Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bored at work!

Looks great - LEDs inside would help a bunch and not add any heat or noise. I'd tuck the Cap under there too or remove it all together as they really do not add much if any to the system - if you don't have a strong alternator and battery, it is a band aid at best.

We just finished a number of competition vehicles for the TX Heatwave and NONE of them or the competitors had Caps. I'm running 2200 watts in the ML and with 1/0 wire and a yellow top and I have no dimming or problems.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    BTW: The amp rack have some sort of ventilation? Fans maybe?

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    wow great ideas everyone...tone i tried not using a cap and it really dimmed the headlights really bad...thats only a 1.2 farad cap so its not huge...yea the plans are to put some leds in there to light it up a little bit so i can see it better at night. i just dont want it to be too distracting at night in the back window. i have already found that i can see the cap glowing in my rear view...yea my boss was saying the same thing as you though, that i needed to hide it because it was kinda ugly.
    and biju, yea im working on getting 2 computer fans on it right now. one intake and one exhaust for cooling.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

ah, yes...

Tone's right. Get a yellow top. It won't fix all your light dimming probs, but it certainly helped mine!

I tried to contact Rickster about his high amp alternator's (hoping one would compliment my system), but got no response. You planning on doing anything like that? If so, let me know who you go through (or where you find one...)

Word is, Bimati's going to be in town on Monday to hook up with you. Good time for dinner/drinks?

-biju.

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    haha how did you hear about that little secret? yea if i can be down there to meet him then that would be a good time to have some dinner/drinks. im really gonna try to get it off work. ill let you know =) toss me a number so i can call because messaging back and forth just isnt very productive =)