Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bored at work!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5

Talking Bored at work!

hey im just hanging around work and i had nothing to do so i figured i would share my latest upgrade to the VX...
    1200.1 kicker mono block class D amp
    350.4 kicker 4-channel amp
    custom false floor for the truck that has a HUGE VX cut out backed with plexiglass to cover the amps
    kicker L7 sub
    eclipse CD3000 deck
    and soon to come is the polk audio DB speakers =D

spent 3 days wiring and building the false floor, looks great in the back of the VX and its awesome because now the amps dont get dusty and beat up because they are covered. ill post some pics as soon as i can figure out how =)

PS- if someone who knows how to post pics would tell me how, that would be great!

PBKID

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.
    JACK!

You crazy, crazy kid...! Sounds like things are going well in your neck of the woods.

Can't wait to see pix of this set-up. I might have to take a small jaunt to come see it in person when all's complete. Maybe do lunch or something...

In the meantime, here's the 'how to' on pix in threads...

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Good job Bill.. saved me from the cut n paste

pbkid, how's the festival going? We wen to Denver last weekend an just could not believe the traffic!!!
    Scott / moncha.com

the rene festival? eh i dont even know anymore. i live in greeley most of the time. but yea thanks biju im really loving this set up man. i just need those speakers and its done. yea im usually crusing through your area on wednesday nights late after i get off work in greeley and on saturday afternoons usually on my way back up to go back to work. i go down weekly to see my parents and work for my dad for some extra cash to pay off all this damn stereo stuff =).
    oh yea check this out too, i picked up a set of tires and rims for my vx for $120. talk about a killer deal huh? =)
    hit me back and let me know when u wanna meet up for some lunch or something.
    jack

when picking out your speakers, keep in mind that those kicker amps are rated at 2 ohm loads, whereas most car audio speakers have an impedence of 4 ohms.

ahh yet another car audio geek =)... yea ill keep that in mind, thanks.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs up

Jack,

Glad to see ya got some new wheels & tires...should make nxt. yr's. Zoo more fun.
    Def. a killer deal...pics ?

I gotta see this false floor with the plexi-VX cutout... sounds really cool! Where are the pics?
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

im working on pics, tomarrow morning im gonna try to get up and get em posted for ya guys =). it looks great. not quite finished yet but its close enough to show off ....im actually gonna change the location of my 4 channel to under one of the seats, or hide it somewhere because it just messes up the whole balance of the VX...ehh hard to explain but you guys will see next summer in moab =D...

hey biju, i was actually thinking the past couple of days that we should have a monthly VX meet where we all go out and have dinner or something...just a thought....one of my friends who is huge into his WRX website, they meet weekly in boulder for lunch and a beer. its really cool cuz they get a nice lineup and all that business...anyways get back to me and let me know what you think. any other colorado VXers are welcome of course
    jack

ok here is the attempt at loading pics....

Jack,

Nice set-up. The VX cutout to show off the amps is really cool. Can't wait to see it.

Mark
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

pbkid,

setup is looking great, you talked about relocating the amp cause it messed up the vx...im thinking you mean how the pattern of the amp shows thru, so im also guessing that you dont mind the amp not being seen, heres what im saying. instead of relocating amp under the seat, maybe take a look at formica laminate, and find a pattern you like and just cover the amp up, and defining your vx cutout more. am i making sense? im not being critical, just trying to help you in your delema. that kinda stuff bugs me too. there is also tinted plexiglass, or just use window tint.
    ill end now....good job
    dave

I'm thinking raising the false floor slightly (another inch or so) and putting some colored light inside might help to display the amp a little better. Overall it looks pretty decent! I actually was thinking you had done something a little different, but I'm not going to give away my idea just yet because I might want to use it.

If you do go with moving the amp under the seat, be sure to test fit the amp first before you commit. It looks like there is a lot of room there, but it's pretty tight with the seat slider mechanism. If you run into height issues I've got a trick that you can use to give you another 1-1/2" of clearance under the seats (but your seats will sit up higher, of course... not an issue for me at 5'9", but may not be an option for taller guys).

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

nice work...

Jack,

great work, mang. I'm sure I'll get a chance to see it soon.

I'm not quite sure I understand the need to place the amp under the seats. If you can, I'd keep them all in the back... just my .02

Thanks for the pics!

-biju.