Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cladding

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!

Cladding

I just bought my VX. The cladding is grey and I would like it to be the black that I see on most of them. Is there a way to change that out or possibly paint it? I have seen some painted but it seems bodyshops here in CO won't do it or explain how. Help GUYS!?!
    *VX CHIC*

Try a site search under "cladding"?

10 pages of posts including the recent Flood Restora chronicle, guaranteed to keep you on the edge of your (Recaro) seat

I like the new Turtle Wax Ice for it's ease of application, but so far I've had to re-apply after each new rainfall to get rid of streaks. I'm surprised it streaks like it does given the way the water beads so well at the carwash, but maybe it's because when it rains, the water is also cleaning dirt and dust out of the cover I keep on the vehicle since it's parked outside.

The actual wax seems to work best for the cladding, and the spray detailer makes quick work of it when I want to shine up the paint.

Nice color choice!

hmmm

bedliner...Rhino liner...Linex...

you won't go back or be sorry..I'm not and get 100% compliments

I apply Maguire's Endurance about once per month (after a wash). It gives it that black, glossy luster and hides any streaks an abrasions.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

Thumbs up

Another "thumbs up" for the Meguiar's Endurance. By far the easiest to use for the best results. Put it on with a terry-sponge applicator pad, wait about an hour then wipe it down with an old t-shirt. Don't get much easier than that!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

The gray your VX is suffering from is simply long term neglect. With a lot of elbow grease the black can be brought back. Take some free dime store advice from those of us who have been owners a long time- use the grape smelling Maguire's Endurance. It???s simple to use and works as well or better than any other cleaner. Make sure to keep handy the ???old t-shirt??? Joe mentions, it???s great for touch ups. You can find the purple colored gel at most auto parts stores.

BTW- as mentioned, a search function on ???cladding??? will provide you days of reading material
    ________
    Bdsm Female
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:29 PM

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    Meguires Endurance is a life saver. Just bought it today, applied it, and the cladding looks great!! Just want to recommend it for any others who's cladding has that fading look.

"Back to Black" worked good for a while, but "Son of a Gun" is my favorite...for the tires and all black bits too!

Bim

OK, I went looking for Maguire's Endurance today and the only one I found is for tire shine/protectant? Is this one and the same with what is being referenced here? Thanks!

I have just tried Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel (orange plastic bottle with foam applicator) based on a recommendation from VXCrazy. It has held up for several weeks now, keeping the clading a nice black color with no streaks. It looks a little streaky when first applied. But after a few hours, the streaks go away leaving the clading with a nice "wet black" look. The wet look remained for several days. Got a lot of good comments on the appearance.

I have not tried the Meguiars Endurance yet. I did get a bottle from WalMart the last time I was there since the local auto parts store did not have that specific Meguiars product. The plastic bottle is a grape color and is called Endurance High Gloss Long Lasting Tire Protectant Gel. I assume that this is what others are recommending.

Henry

Trim Shine all the way for me. Its cheap, and with all that cladding you go through it. Its only like $3.50 for a can, and it works really well and can be applied in about 4-5 minutes.

Love it.

Bart

I think im going to rhino liner mine this spring,or paint i dunno yet.

You guys are nuts. I love my cladding

Bart

Yes Joe- that's the stuff. It's purple and (you'll look foolish attempting to confirm this next part).... it smells like grape soda.
    Wipe on...use clean rag to wipe off..and keep the "applicator rag" handy for touch ups.
    ________
    The amazing race dicussion
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:33 PM