Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Update on Morgan-tec S/C kit testing

Wow, looks great! Beautiful work on the intake tube and brackets.

This is just a suggestion but you might want to move your MAF by throttle body after the BOV. Using a blow off valve after the MAF can really throw off your AF ratio. The engine won't see all the air the MAF is basing the fuel curves on. I swapped out a Bosch bypass valve for a BOV on my Powerdyne s/c truck and it caused issues. I ended up going back to the bypass valve.

BTW, what codes were you throwing with the smaller pulley?
    Deton8r's World
    '02 Axiom, Alpine s/c, Edelbrock SDT muffler, 20s

Looks great. I envy you guys able to do this kind of work.
    I like to tinnker on my VX but it is limited to the simple tasks.

The only problem is that our MAF is not calibrated for forced induction. It will only meter correctly in a suck through configuration. Anyways i have no issues with the current setup. I dont remember the codes, but they were all MAF related to to much air.

Quote Originally Posted by deton8r
    Wow, looks great! Beautiful work on the intake tube and brackets.

This is just a suggestion but you might want to move your MAF by throttle body after the BOV. Using a blow off valve after the MAF can really throw off your AF ratio. The engine won't see all the air the MAF is basing the fuel curves on. I swapped out a Bosch bypass valve for a BOV on my Powerdyne s/c truck and it caused issues. I ended up going back to the bypass valve.

BTW, what codes were you throwing with the smaller pulley?
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Just a question,in no way intended as a criticisim, the work is excelent...I understand the OEM style black pulleys- work in progress. Is there some reason for not finishing the casing? I've seem them chromed, but never powdered. Is it a heat transfer issue, or a matter of incompatable materials? I'm asking because I am fairly ignorant in both powder coating, and forced induction as well. Once again, nice looking stuff_ keep it up. Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Just a question,in no way intended as a criticisim, the work is excelent...I understand the OEM style black pulleys- work in progress. Is there some reason for not finishing the casing? I've seem them chromed, but never powdered. Is it a heat transfer issue, or a matter of incompatable materials? I'm asking because I am fairly ignorant in both powder coating, and forced induction as well. Once again, nice looking stuff_ keep it up. Wayne
    Some powerdynes had issues with killing bearings because of heat. If it was powdercoated it would get even hotter inside, atleast this way it cools some.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper

No worries, to answer your ?s. Under the hood i am ll about the color keyed parts, not chrome and flash. Also if i were to paowercoat the housing i would have to completly take apart te blower and that is a lot of work for the end result. When you powdercoat you have to bake the part with powder on it at 400 degress for a specific amout of time. This would smoke the bearings as well as the internal belt.

Thanks for the answer. I agree completly about color-keyed vs. chromed. I was thinking, white housing and pulleys would be tight. wayne

When can I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by UtahVXer
    When can I get one?

Hopefully from me when i am done with the testing period and get one tested in a vx engine bay.

Question

Hey MT, how's the testing going with the S/C? Have you been able to hit up the dyno? Are you still going to sell a VX kit?

Sorry for all the questions? Just curious and interested on getting a kit.

BTW, your work is awsome!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

i exchanged a few emails with mike in early january, he told me he was moving his shop, so he was pretty much shut down for awhile, i guess now is about the time he said he'd have things going again (he said a few weeks in the first week of jan)

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Talking

Thanks for the update etlsport. Was wondering what happened. I noticed he does log in every now and then though.

Hey guys, well here is the update. I have taken a new peimary job that does not leave me the time to run Morgan-tec like it used to. Also i was planning on moving to a new location but that did not work out. So to be honest i am not sure when or if i will be back up and running. I have been running Morgan-tec as a second job for a long time now with the intent to go full time when the demand supported it. I can not take a chance on it since i have my family to support. But thank you so much for all your support and interest. If my situition changes or i have the oppertunity to get rolling again i will and you guys will be the first to know.