Thread: Update on Morgan-tec S/C kit testing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Update on Morgan-tec S/C kit testing

Well i have it done and tuned and am very happy with the testing i have done so far. I have yet to get it on the dyno but it is a lot stronger all the way through the powerband, and especially in boost. I am limited to 5psi for now since i have to figure a way to crack the ecu to lengthen the injector pulse. I had a smaller pulley on but a 5.2psi i trip three codes and the ecu kills the engine into reduced power mode which limits me to 1500rpms. Anyways here are a bunch of pics. For those of you who don't know i am using a Powerdyne BD-11A blower with a custom machined Vortec 3.33" pulley, an HKS SSQV blow off valve, a belt tensioner off a ford aerostar and idler pulleys off a 6.0L powerstroke, and a K&N for a jet ski. I designed, fabricated, welded, machined, and powdercoated everything else. As for gas milage the worst tank i have gotten to date i average 16.8mpg, that is basically my foot on the floor and in boost all the time. The best in city tank was 22.4mpg and the best highway was 27.6mpg, all these are according to the incar computer in the dash. Let me know what ya think.

Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

Here are a few more pics:

That looks HOT! Are you sure you can't leave the stock fan in place?

The stock fan would hit the crank pulley extension or i guess it could be shortened a few inches to clear it. But i have had no problems with my electric fan and we have been really hot this summer a week at a time in the high 90s into the 100s.

As usual you did beautiful work. I understand you are testing the axiom, but can the mpg be that different, I dont think I could touch 20mpg on the highway. Is it possible the onboard numbers are wrong similar to what I believe Tone mentioned in a previous post about the scanguage not being accurate on s/c'd engines? What was the mpg before the s/c was added?
    "You can live your life in a thousand ways,
    but it all comes down to that single day,
    when you realize what you regret,
    but you cant relaim and you cant forget."
    ----Trans Siberian Orchestra

Well the mpg #s check out with simple division of trip miles divided by my 15 gallon tank. The thing you need to remember is i picked the powerdyne because of the impeller design which actually grabs the air and pulls it in. So even when i am running in vacume the air intake is more efficient than before. If you get a chance check out powerdynes site and read up on their impeller design. AS for mpg before s/c i averaged around 18mpg city. My intake adn exhaust kits kicked that up about 3mpg over stock.