Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: FLORIDA MEET - OCALA FOREST JUNE 28th

Alright, hopefully Joe will call a couple of us Friday about where breakfest will be Saturday, and someone can post it here. If you miss the post, well, you still won't be able to miss us. I'm sure it will be somewhere right off State Road 40 between Ocala and the campsite. Just look around for more than one rare, hand built, all-terrain vehicle in one place, and you found us.

For anyone getting there later Saturday, make sure you have Joe's cell so you can find us, cause I'm sure we'll be hitting the trails not long after breakfest.

Scott Swett

Woohoo! I just saw in the other thread that we may have another VXer showing up! Cool... plus I have managed to make alternate arrangements for the dogs! Meaning I will save about $60 and allowing me to make it there in time for breakfast with you all. :-)

Woohoo! Getting excited... gonna be great fun and as a newbie VXer, I look forward to learning tons from the gurus. :-)

Not sure who is responsible for the get together but I just got a call from Frank (whom we met in Moab by accident and went offroading with us - super guy from Hungaria) and he is way into coming but does not have a computer. If someone from your group could give him a call, he is about 3hrs from Ocala but really wants to go. Frank’s number is 954-476-2164 -Thanks

Thumbs up

Tone, just got off the phone with Frank. Thanks much for passing along the info, he sounds like a great guy. Looks like he'll try to make breakfast on Saturday morning. Everyone check here Friday as the location for breakfast will be posted by afternoon. I thought I'd get there early tomorrow but it looks like mid-day now, but still plenty of time for me to scout trails!

See y'all this weekend!!!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

FLORIDA MEET < 1 day!!!

Alright, I just spent all night cleaning and polishing the VX so I can go mudding this weekend. Make sense? I dunno. Anybody else wanna fess up? Well, I'll look really good on the way there...

Seriously, what I really look forward to is the ride home (not that I want the meet to be over), but somehow I tend to draw more attention the dirtier I get (just ask my girlfriend ), and I plan to be PLENTY dirty... er... I mean get plenty dirty, or you know what I mean!

Scott Swett

The scouts have checked in-

We are at campsite #45

Good chance your cell phone may not work out there, so tell your loved-ones goodbye. (They'll work closer to Ocala though)

Saturday morning, 9:00am, we will meet for breakfest at Jake's. Jake's is located 10 miles west of the campsite (toward Ocala) on Hwy 40.

See ya there!

Thanks for the info!

Yep, I was just about to not do anything to mine, figuring there was no point if I was going to get it all dirty. Still cleaned it up a bit anyway though. I don't know - maybe not so much of the dirt will stick as well now. Anyone know what it's like out there? Muddy? Pretty dry? Somewhere in-between? Gonna check the weather forecast... could get some rain tomorrow. Hope not.