Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FLORIDA MEET - OCALA FOREST JUNE 28th

Hey Alex,

Let me know when you want to compare PVs and I'll come down and meet you. Saw a black VX yesterday in Decatur - wasn't one I'd seen before - had a red front license plate. Whoever was driving wasn't interested in "chatting"...

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

I keep seeing another Astral silver like mine just about every other day parked in front of a dry cleaning place during rush hour. Next time I'll stop and try to talk to the owner. Who knows - maybe I can get someone else to join us. I've seen an Ebony maybe once or twice in town, saw a white Ironman a few weeks back, and there used to be a silver one some girl had with dumb little "Princess" and "Spoiled Brat" stickers on the rear cladding... there were four little silly glittery stickers in all. Oh, the sacrilege!

Anyway, besides the auto show where I first laid eyes on it, that's it. I've never seen a Dragon, Foxfire, Proton, or Kaiser anywhere in person.

Modulation, Illumination, Cerebration

Joe:

I don't feel I spend quite enough time in my VX to merit that kind of space modulation. Besides, with a portable 20 gb Archos Jukebox, I'll wear the tread off the tires before I'll run out of crisp-clear tunes to listen to.

Woo hoo! I just got some Sylvania Silver Stars, so I'll be installing them this week. While I'm doing that, it looks like I'm going to need a measuring-cup to collect the gobs of dirty OEM bulb grease that seems to be slathered all over the connections. (I think there's enough to make a small candle. That's it! I can use the OEM muffler as a candle-holder when we're camping! I just hate the idea of letting it go to waste.)
    ...behold a government which to bigotry gives no sanction and to persecution no assistance...
    1790 Geo. Washington

Talking

LOL! That Archos setup is sweet but I like the "surprise" factor of hearing obscure, hard-to-find stuff. Plus, sometimes, I feel like I'm living in the VX!

If you're saving that headlight goop and muffler for a candle maybe it'll keep the mosquitos at bay. ;eekg; If it works we should have enough VXs to scrape refills!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Thanks for the skeeter reminder.

I'll bring a small supply of those Off mosquito coils. They work well against backyard Asian tiger mosquitos (carrier of the West Nile Virus), so they should work well in camp against the less aggressive native.

The coils burn for hours, so everyone attending might want to consider packing a box or two for the weekend.

Question Ummmm

So where am i going again lol, not seeing any specific location to meet up or where i should be heading. Also any type of time frame/scheduling set up yet for the event?

Im thinking to leave early sat morn and meet everyone up there so just trying to get my trip planned out.

Thanx.....x

We're thinking that we'll leave Atlanta on Friday the 27th and overnight somewhere like Gainesville or Ocala.

Whenever we arrive, everyone will know it, this PV-2 is making my baby sound like a lunar rover on steroids!

Thumbs up

Glad to hear you'll make it -x-! We'll get you off road yet! We're camping at Juniper Springs which is on Highway 40 just East (about 3 miles) of the intersection of Highway 19. Here's the info:

Juniper Springs Campground
    26701 East State Road 40
    Silver Springs FL 34488
    352-625-3147

Skullcap, I can't believe you guys won't be there Friday! Are ya pushing the Ebony down? LOL! In any case I'll be there early Friday just itching to get on some trails. I'll have plenty of PIC coils for the skeeters and will even try my hand at a batch of "VX Caviar".;eekg;

See y'all then!

Unhappy Ick!

There's an increasing chance that I'll not be able to make it down (whaaaa!)

My mom's having knee replacement surgery next week, so it'll all depend on how that goes, first.

I'll let y'all know for sure as the weekend closes in.

Ouch! That's a biggie Alex! I'm sure we'll all be pullin' for your Mom and certainly understand your absence as that's WAY more important. Of course we'll be wishing even more for an outstanding operation and promise of a speedy recovery so you CAN make the meet! LOL!

Well a ways up the thread I said I was seeing another silver VX and would talk to the owner. Turns out it's a she, and a pretty attractive one at that. Told her about the site, so maybe she'll stop by sometime. Would be cool to get a few more people at the meet. How many we got thus far?

Also, I am no longer a proton virgin. Hehehe. Seen tons of pics, but that's not the same as seeing it in motion on the road. I had never seen one in person until yesterday. Very cool. Too bad I was working at the time and didn't have my own VX handy to help get their attention and maybe tell them about the website too.

Thumbs up

Even though only five people confirmed on the poll I posted a while back, several more have contacted through email or PM. If everyone shows (a couple are maybes) I'm estimating about 10 VXs. For those who are coming, be sure to be prepared for wet, muddy trails. Bring those tow straps!

Talking

Im not sure sure bout ocala but down here in orlando its rained what seems to be everyday this month

So i am very excited about slingin some mud around ...x

Tow straps? What tow straps? :-) Don't own any and never have had an occasion to use them yet, 'cause I've never been off-roading before (well, once in a Wrangler (oh the shame- but it was a rental, not mine). Did take my VX in a field with some shallow pits and piles of dirt today, but it was all small-time stuff. Scared of breaking/scratching anything, to be honest. Not too thrilled about trying to get mud out of every nook and cranny either. Starting to wonder if I'll fit in at all at this meet. Still want to go, though.

Wink

LOL Heraclid! You'll be fine! Mud washes right out with an ordinary garden spayer, you'll just have to spray a lot underneath which is unusual at first. I don't like narrow trails with the VX 'cause I don't like to scratch it up either since it's my daily-driver. It just takes some common sense. And remember, just 'cause someone else tries a gnarly trail or hole doesn't mean you have to! Just sit back and watch, you may just be rewarded with a free lesson in how not to do something! LOL!

At the recent N. GA. meet only 3 of us hit the trails. The rest hung out at the camp and worked on mods. Everyone had a great time! All you need is a common enthusiasm for the VehiCROSS!:yesg: