Thread: Heads Up Peep's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Angry Heads Up Peep's

Just received a VERY official looking email from paypal(not), indicating that a third party had tried to access my account.
    Due to this, my account had been given a limited access status.
    Then there was a long form requesting all my personal info., acct. #'s, etc. to get re-enstated...hmmmmmmm, I don't think so.
    I went to my acct., reported it to their consumer fraud or whatever it's called & they just emailed me back thanking me & saying they were checking into it.

Just a FYI.

Thumbs down

Yeah, I get the same one every few months from spammer-land. On one forum I run we've got a sticky thread where we all post eBay/PayPal scam emails so all can see what's "in the field".
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    First I've seen of it...just got done changing my pass word anyway.

I got a Spam email, but looked totally real that was a "fishing scam" email trying to get me to click on their link.

It went like this. They sent me an email saying that I purchased this cell phone for a few hundred dollars off Ebay and that they were going to charge my Paypal account in like 24 hours if I didn't click their Paypal link and deconfirm and give all my bank info and personal account info and also confirm all my Ebay account info too.

At first I freaked out, then I laughed pretty hard. Pretty good scam. I minumized screen, opened new screen, opened up paypal and got their fraud link, and forwarded email to them. They sent me a thank you email and said that it was not valid and that they were tracking it overseas somewhere and lost track in europe.

I have also seen on AOL messenger a messenge pop up and say your account is about to be suspended please give me your account info yeah right as if!!!

I get it every few months. Its all started when they stole PayPal web code last year. BE CAREFUL

The net is full of stuff like that. First rule is to never ever click on a link you got via email. No matter how confident you are. Instead, type in the website and navigate from the front page to wherever you are supposed to go. It also helps if you have previously bookmarked the site, that way you can use the bookmark and rule out typos (for example, try going to paypal.cm - .cm is the country code for cambodia and they are now redirecting all typos to their own advertising which is harmless but just imagine what a malicious "typo-squatter" could pull off).