Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Acura NSX

The NSX stayed virtually the same over 15 years - I think the only major change was the deletion of the popup headlights. The Honda S2000 is going on 8 years with no real changes.
    the nsx has gone through more then just headlight changes. in 95/96, they added powersteering, replaced the old 3.0L with a 3.2L, and tweek the suspension a bit. the honda s2000 too has gotten a new 2.2L in i believe 2003 to give it alittle more torque to compete with the then new 350Z.

the nsx is nothing but ABNORMAL. name another japanese car that is worth more then the nsx. the skyline gtr r34 was only about 60-70 in japan, rx7/8 about 50, evos/sti 30-40, ls400 60.

No. The NSX was performance tuned by Honda Racing engineers. Even if they WERE the same guys, though, the Accord was designed for comfort, the NSX for performance.
    good atleast u put down TUNED by honda racing engineers. the car is none the less a honda, made to be mass marketed. sure the nsx is a great car, but its not any better/special then say a lancer evo, or a toyota supra or even a civic. yes, thats right there a honda racing tuned civic, its called the civic type r. the old EK civic(97-00 i believe) each engine was hand polished, extra cooling ducts were added into the engine, suspension completely tuned. sounds like racing tuned to me.

But beat it AT WHAT?? You can make a cargo van do a quarter mile in 9 seconds... but it will never outperform an NSX on a road course... because it CAN'T TURN. The Accord has a similar problem, to a lesser degree. The NSX is designed for all aspects of performance. Having an Accord with 600 hp is like a muscle man with all his weight in his upper body. Sure, he can benchpress 600 pounds, but he can barely stand up under his own weight!

Too many people today believe that 1/4 mile times are the singular factor in determining a car's performance ability. For those who don't already know this, lemme let you in on a secret: "The Fast and the Furious" is all hype and garbage. 1/4 mile racing and drifting are not determining factors of a sports car. The "sport" in "sports car" is racing - on a road course. That means a course with turns in it. Your Accord may do a 10 second quarter mile, but it turns like a cargo van. I don't care if it goes 200 mph... it will never be a sports car.
    your right, 1/4 mile and drifting aren't benchmarks for cars. but they do play a critical role in determining a good sports car from a not so good. sure a lotus extige can corner, but what happens if your racing on a nascar track? how about if you took a nascar and try to race it on infineon? its all about balance.

the accord is a people mover, i never said it wasnt. but with the right modifications u can make out manuver, out drag and out stop a nsx. well just use this as a picture reference.
    http://www.spoonsports.us/photo_gall...031_LG_jpg.htm

Horsepower:

N/A
    the new tsx/accord runs a k24 engine(rated 205hp), which has a similar to that of a rsx-s. with swapped heads from a type-s, intake, exhaust and flashed ecu, this engine could easily hit 240hp+. someone here did 225WHP with only flashed ecu+exhaust.

Force
    Example of SCed k24 link
    Accord 2.4 bottom end (9.5:1 compression)
    RSX-S head
    Japanese Integra Type R camchafts
    RC 550 saturated injectors
    RSX-S six speed gearbox
    Jackson Racing race headers and test pipe
    Short ram intake
    5 Zigen catback
    Stock fuel pump and stock fuel pressure
    268WHP

Braking:
    NSX
    Braking 60–0 134 ft (RT)

Accord
    Braking 60-0 142ft (MSN Auto)

8ft difference in braking form 60, im sure a big brake kit will recitify that problem.

Handling:
    this one gets tricky, because different people perfer different types of cars and driving styles, i will use a skidpad for comparision.
    NSX
    0.91g (RT)
    TSX
    0.78g (RT)

Ouch, .13g skid pad difference. I wont try to blame this huge difference on condition, blah blah blah. instead lets just look at all the suspension/tire upgrade done on this accord.

Swift Front/rear springs, coilovers
    Showa Race Front and rear Shocks
    Custom weilded rear anti roll stablizer bars
    Spoon fron strut brace
    6" front lowering
    5" rear lowering
    Advan 032R tires

the lowering on this car might be a tad bit too excessive, but even with a 2" front rear drop, the accord is more then capable of doing .85g skid pad(guesstamation)

Now look at our THEROTICAL accord. It has more power then a NSX, better braking, and posibably better handling too.

Quote Originally Posted by MZ-N10
    the nsx has gone through more then just headlight changes. in 95/96, they added powersteering, replaced the old 3.0L with a 3.2L, and tweek the suspension a bit. the honda s2000 too has gotten a new 2.2L in i believe 2003 to give it alittle more torque to compete with the then new 350Z.
    I was talking about design changes.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by transio
    That article is 16 years old.

This page is a lot more telling: http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonb...times/thestig/

The NSX TYPE R (the "super" NSX) is #55 on the list of Top Gear Lap Times!! FIFTY FIVE!!! That's 25 spots below a base Corvette...

You wanna talk about great performance cars in its price range, look at the Corvette Z06, Lambo Gallardo, Ferrari 360 CS, Lotus Exige S, Noble M12, Noble M15, TVR Sagaris, TVR Tuscan, BMW Z4, Porsche Cayman, and OMG Ariel Atom ($60k as configured, and #5 on the list, only falling behind four million-dollar supercars!)

Because the article is 16 years old that's my point...the NSX was first to beat the class of supercars not so much by the numbers per se but in terms of drivability (you can use it everyday and not worry about it) and it has impressive styling. That to me is the same as the VX. Therefore they should both get together, one representing the best all round Japanese sports car the other the best Japanese SUV. Both first in their respective motoring classes.

I was talking about design changes.
    Design changes

1995- NSX-T was added into the line.
    1997- New aluminium body
    2002- All aluminium construction, COMPLETE style redesign.
    2004- REDESIGNED shift knob

Quote Originally Posted by MZ-N10
    2002- All aluminium construction, COMPLETE style redesign.
    This was the only design (shape/style) change, and as I said, the only major difference was the elimination of the popup headlights. Everything else was just nipped/tucked. This is typical of Honda model updates. I'm not saying it's bad.... just saying...

See the similarities?

Mk 1:

Mk 2:

Last edited by transio : 08/19/2006 at 08:06 AM

Having an Accord with 600 hp is like a muscle man with all his weight in his upper body. Sure, he can benchpress 600 pounds, but he can barely stand up under his own weight!
    *clears throat*

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican red stripe guy
    BOO TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING. HOORAY VX

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by tbigity
    *clears throat*

??????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????

watch some sports on tv and watch the commercials...then you'll get it

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota77
    watch some sports on tv and watch the commercials...then you'll get it
    I'll pass...have other interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    I'll pass...have other interests.

here ya go, i'll make it easy for you.

http://www.dhadm.com/mediaHolder.php?id=853

rick's Evo MR seems pretty damned super to me. Each apex has its own little gravity well, even when you get on the power a bit too soon on exit it drifts out true. Ya gotta down right provoke the little beastie to get it to bite back. having driven a NSX several times (once with conviction) I gotta belive it's the 45k Mitsi by Quite a bit... and it's pretty innovative... take an eight k penalty box, shove in 55k worth of high end, go fast'n' stick good hardware, then sell the little Frankenstein for 45 thousand. Gave Gibbys ol' '04 GT3 an honest run ... didn't beat it, but we didn't get embarrased either (he could outbrake us everywhere) (course I'm a much better driver)

If the VXérs should have a meet with sports car owners, they should consider he lotus elan m100 owners.
    Here's why:
    1/ aprox the same amount of cars were made.
    2/ They have a great forum also.
    3/....................The lotus has an isuzu engine.

so??????????????????????????????
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

Quote Originally Posted by thedutchguy
    3/....................The lotus has an isuzu engine.
    I thought the lotus' had Toyota engines???

Quote Originally Posted by tbigity
    I thought the lotus' had Toyota engines???
    The Elise 111R and Exige S2 have Toyota 2zz-ge engines (engineered by Yamaha lol). The Elise S1 and Exige S1 have Rover engines. The Europa S2 has a Vauxhall engine. The Esprit had a Lotus engine. The Elan m100 had an Isuzu engine. And the Isuzu Impreza had handling by Lotus. There was a short period of time in the 90s when Isuzu owned Lotus.

Isuzu made that cool little "wagonette" thing with the ,I think it was, "suspension by Lotus" badges on the front fender quarter at the knee line. Sort of a Saturn Storm looking thing. Saw one about a year ago.