Thread: Acura NSX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Acura NSX

Have any of you tuned into the NSXPRIME.com web site and noticed some of the trials and tribulatios we VXers suffer through occur for them as well. Production on this "concept car" has stopped now after 15 years. We are a similar Japanese "hand-built" family to theirs and it would be interesting to compare notes, I think. How about the first annual VX/NSX meet? What do you say?

3 years production vs. 15 years? 4500 units vs a whole hell of a lot more? Its a Honda. They have an aftermarket. I don't think they are quite in the same boat! Not knocking the NSX...I've sort of liked it since it came out. It was a fair priced giant killer in the beginning.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Well, through the '90's they built a little less than 8,000. Only half made it to the USA. So it's low production like the VX. 15 years of production gave it the after market; the belief that there would always be more coming. However, it's now extinct so it joins the VX in the discontinued world. Prices will probably go down for a good while before going back up, much later (look on Autotrader etc., there are many for sale just like the VX). If you think about it from a conceptual standpoint, it's probably what prompted Isuzu to pursue the VX project in the first place. The VX was the first drivable exotic SUV, the NSX was the first drivable exotic passenger car in '91. They are sister vehicles in many regards. They both reflect praticality in motoring that is the hall mark of Japanese auto design. Very useful, first! I still think we should get together with them on some level. I think we are much stronger together than separate. The manufacturers would be most impressed in a union, I believe. It becomes one vast display of Japanese auto genius, instead of fractious little, insular hobbyists. What say? Send a group VX communique to NSX?

the nsx is still considered a mass produced car. similar to that of the say the ferrari 360. there was never a shortage of the nsx. if u wanted one and u could pay 90k for a new one u could get one. but the main reason why the nsx wasnt that great of a seller was because it was overpriced. its acceleration was nearly the same as the 3000gt, supra, rx7 and the 300zx, but its priced at atleast double if not triple the price of the other competitiors.

i believe there were more then 15,000 nsx produced in the 15 year span.

The NSX was more than just perforamance stats like the VX. If you place the VX on that performance scale it was over priced too. It was a styling tour de force first and easy to drive, just like the VX, drivabilty is the focus with style.

There was never a shortage of VX's either.

They only made a limited number of Corvairs too......
    ________
    BDSM VID
    Last edited by geshaw30 : 03/30/2011 at 07:29 PM