The NSX stayed virtually the same over 15 years - I think the only major change was the deletion of the popup headlights. The Honda S2000 is going on 8 years with no real changes.
the nsx has gone through more then just headlight changes. in 95/96, they added powersteering, replaced the old 3.0L with a 3.2L, and tweek the suspension a bit. the honda s2000 too has gotten a new 2.2L in i believe 2003 to give it alittle more torque to compete with the then new 350Z.

the nsx is nothing but ABNORMAL. name another japanese car that is worth more then the nsx. the skyline gtr r34 was only about 60-70 in japan, rx7/8 about 50, evos/sti 30-40, ls400 60.

No. The NSX was performance tuned by Honda Racing engineers. Even if they WERE the same guys, though, the Accord was designed for comfort, the NSX for performance.
good atleast u put down TUNED by honda racing engineers. the car is none the less a honda, made to be mass marketed. sure the nsx is a great car, but its not any better/special then say a lancer evo, or a toyota supra or even a civic. yes, thats right there a honda racing tuned civic, its called the civic type r. the old EK civic(97-00 i believe) each engine was hand polished, extra cooling ducts were added into the engine, suspension completely tuned. sounds like racing tuned to me.

But beat it AT WHAT?? You can make a cargo van do a quarter mile in 9 seconds... but it will never outperform an NSX on a road course... because it CAN'T TURN. The Accord has a similar problem, to a lesser degree. The NSX is designed for all aspects of performance. Having an Accord with 600 hp is like a muscle man with all his weight in his upper body. Sure, he can benchpress 600 pounds, but he can barely stand up under his own weight!

Too many people today believe that 1/4 mile times are the singular factor in determining a car's performance ability. For those who don't already know this, lemme let you in on a secret: "The Fast and the Furious" is all hype and garbage. 1/4 mile racing and drifting are not determining factors of a sports car. The "sport" in "sports car" is racing - on a road course. That means a course with turns in it. Your Accord may do a 10 second quarter mile, but it turns like a cargo van. I don't care if it goes 200 mph... it will never be a sports car.
your right, 1/4 mile and drifting aren't benchmarks for cars. but they do play a critical role in determining a good sports car from a not so good. sure a lotus extige can corner, but what happens if your racing on a nascar track? how about if you took a nascar and try to race it on infineon? its all about balance.

the accord is a people mover, i never said it wasnt. but with the right modifications u can make out manuver, out drag and out stop a nsx. well just use this as a picture reference.
http://www.spoonsports.us/photo_gall...031_LG_jpg.htm

Horsepower:

N/A
the new tsx/accord runs a k24 engine(rated 205hp), which has a similar to that of a rsx-s. with swapped heads from a type-s, intake, exhaust and flashed ecu, this engine could easily hit 240hp+. someone here did 225WHP with only flashed ecu+exhaust.

Force
Example of SCed k24 link
Accord 2.4 bottom end (9.5:1 compression)
RSX-S head
Japanese Integra Type R camchafts
RC 550 saturated injectors
RSX-S six speed gearbox
Jackson Racing race headers and test pipe
Short ram intake
5 Zigen catback
Stock fuel pump and stock fuel pressure
268WHP

Braking:
NSX
Braking 60–0 134 ft (RT)

Accord
Braking 60-0 142ft (MSN Auto)

8ft difference in braking form 60, im sure a big brake kit will recitify that problem.

Handling:
this one gets tricky, because different people perfer different types of cars and driving styles, i will use a skidpad for comparision.
NSX
0.91g (RT)
TSX
0.78g (RT)

Ouch, .13g skid pad difference. I wont try to blame this huge difference on condition, blah blah blah. instead lets just look at all the suspension/tire upgrade done on this accord.

Swift Front/rear springs, coilovers
Showa Race Front and rear Shocks
Custom weilded rear anti roll stablizer bars
Spoon fron strut brace
6" front lowering
5" rear lowering
Advan 032R tires

the lowering on this car might be a tad bit too excessive, but even with a 2" front rear drop, the accord is more then capable of doing .85g skid pad(guesstamation)

Now look at our THEROTICAL accord. It has more power then a NSX, better braking, and posibably better handling too.