Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got a New Car

Got a New Car

I had regretted getting rid of the VX for a couple weeks... it seemed that with my budget I wouldn't be able to find a nice sporty car that would replace both the VX and the Elise... but then I found this TT

My new custom plate will be: TT LUVR

Steve

Thumbs up

Nice find Steve! TT's are teh uber!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

i agree. The guy across the way from me has a silver one that is hot. Good job man. But doesnt that cost as much as the VX / elise combined

muuuuuch better than a yaris!

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    nice job, now u just need some dark rims to match the darkened headlights and the dark tint =) with an addition of blacking out the tail lights of course

Quote Originally Posted by tbigity
    But doesnt that cost as much as the VX / elise combined
    Actually, the Audi TT seems to have suffered drastic depreciation. Also, the dealer selling this car actually dropped the price a bit because of the intercooler, strut brace, rear-seat delete, suspension mods, aftermarket head-unit and amp, boost gauge, and the dozen or so other mods that he obviously doesn't have a clue about. I actually paid BELOW private-party blue-book value for this TT, and it's already got a head-start on the mods I would wind up doing myself anyway!!! My VW tuner friend thinks it probably has a bigger turbo and 300+ hp. We won't find out the extent of what was done til I get it next week. All the performance mods + AWD makes this potentially the steal of the century!!!

But in answer to your question... a 2001 Audi TT sells these days for just a little more than a 2001 Isuzu VX.... and less than a 2001 Honda S2000.

Dude, that's awesome. I've always loved the TT and am looking to get one in the next couple of months. I'm going to buy either a TT, A3, or a late 80's Porsche 928. All very different cars, but any will look nice when parked next to my VX.

Nice find though. Your TT is awesome.

Best of all, that interior is a very nice place to be. Congrats my friend, drive the wheels off of it. Wayne

As much as I love the TT, I would have kept the VX and the Elise. You see TT's every other car these days. A VX and an Elise seem to be far more exclusive

Either way, congrats on your purchase. TT's are friggin awesome!
    Live Free or DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by VehiX
    I would have kept the VX and the Elise
    Unfortunately, that wasn't an option.

Question

Okay, you've sacrificed your toys and settled for a more "economical" and common surrogate. But how's the start-up going? C'mon, you know we're impatient as all get out!

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Goffaramma, we are two peas in a pod, my friend!

My wife's A3 currently sits in the driveway next to my VX (see my gallery for a pic), and I have been watching the local Porsche 928 market like a hawk waiting for the right one to pop up. She and I are both huge fans of the TT, as well, but have not yet considered buying one.

"No one has better taste than the one who shares the same tastes as you!" :-)

Very nice Audi, Transio.

I really like the subdued look of the front end with the blacked out headlights, and the very conservative use of chrome. VERY nice looking car.

I personally never really looked at Audi's, but now that I've bought a VW, I've become a HUGE fan of the German "intelligent design". Once you go German, few car companies can compete with the luxury and convenience features.

Kyle
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

You have good taste dood, I'm always eyeing up this silver TT someone has at my work...nice looking but too small for me.

Bart

Thumbs up

Bart, you need one of these...

Four doors, all-wheel drive and 450HP normally aspirated.

Hubba hubba.