Thread: powder coating calipers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

powder coating calipers

hello all,
    so correct me if im wrong......will ANY powder coat work on the calipers, or is there a high temp powder coat??? eastwood has a nice "foxfire" powder that i would like to do my calipers, but dont want to waste my money if its just gonna flake off.
    answer anyone, anyone, bueler...bueler

Yes any powder will work just fine, just remember that you have to completly tear apart the calipers and remove anything that will not withstand 400 degrees. I use the Hotcoat powders from Eastwood, they are good stuff.
    Drive it like ya stole it!!!

2002 Axiom XS
    -20" Eco 820s with Goodyears
    -Custom fiberglass system...Rockford, JBL
    -Cutom powerdyne supercharger in the works
    -Cutom functional WRX hood scoop
    -Custom morgan-tec dual exhaust
    -Morgan-tec high flow intake kit

For prices, pics, audio and vid clips of my products please check out www.morgan-tec.com

morgan,
    do the calipers get hotter than 400 degrees? i think that they say to bake the hotcoat at around 359 to 400.....
    are you talking about rubber??? what would i need to take out???
    thanks in advance
    dave

You bake the hotcoat to 400 fpr 10-15 minutes. I mean that you need to tear apart the calipers and remove all the brake fluid, seals pistons , everything. It is a lot of work for a look. If you want a suggestion go for the caliper paint kits from eastwood. I used that on my Axiom and have had no chipping in almost a full year of 15k+ driving. It is a two part epoxy paint that really keeps its gloss and looks great, plus it is a two hour job at most.

Unhappy but, but,but

(in whyining voice)
    But i want burgundy (foxfire) calipers

Myself and a few others have used the "G2 paint kit". Just do a search on eBay or Google for "G2 paint" and you'll find tons of dealers. It's basically a two-part paint that you mix together and it hardens within 4 hours. Just to clarify, you might get the calipers painted in two hours, but you've still got to let them dry overnight before you can drive with them. I think you've got to wait at least 4 hours before reinstalling them on the vehicle, but I would just let them dry completely while everything is still apart.

I think www.tirerack.com is one place that sells these kits.
    Calmini Cone Air Filter, PowerVault PV2 Muffler, OME Trooper Springs, Rancho RS9000X Shocks, 285/75R16 Nitto Grappler AT's, Pioneer DEH P8000R In-Dash CD, Amps and Drivers Built by Orion, Wires and Fuse Blocks by KnuKonceptz, Vibration Damping by BQuiet, Alarm System featuring Auto Start and Remote Windows, Yakima LoadWarrior w/Full Size Spare, Debadged/Custom Titanium Grill Logo, Tint (5% Rear / 20% Front), Steel Braided Brake Lines, G2 Painted Calipers

OR, you could contact www.G2usa.com directly and see if they'll do a custom color if you REALLY want a true "foxfire" match. That would look T-IZZ-IGHT!!