Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Urgent Advise Needed

Hey Gill! Glad to see you online. I'm sorry we never got to meet up while I was here, maybe in Moab soon tho I know we would have much to talk about music wise. But now that I will be so close to San Fran I can finally see some of those bands that always seem to skip over Chicago. WTF is with that??? Sam seemed really cool and down to earth. He knew exactly who I was talking about when I told him Gill sent me. Thanks.

I will do the bearings really soon. I promise. I want my VX to last a long time. SO STOP MAKING ME PARANOID TONE! I know you are just being on the safe side, and I appreciate it.

Thanks again,

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX
    You are welcome Bart. I've found that Espo's is the place to go, and am glad he took care of your VX. I had him go over my VX before a few major trips for peace of mind too. However, as Tone said... he most likely checked for a problem, found no need at present for service, and only did what needed to be done right now. I'd agree that spending a little extra sooner on P.M. rather than more $$$ later on repairs is a good plan, so take care of it when you get to your new digs.

~ Gill

Question

hello, all.

don't mean to hijack the thread, but...

due to low funds at the time, i did not do the 30k maintainance (oil changes, fluid checks etc. all done religiously, though) on the VX. i had it done at the initial requirement, though. i'm at 38K and have thought of biting the bullet and getting it done, now, before the winter sets in.

having read this post and finding that nocturnalvx had recommended a VX savvy (sp?) tech and finding that both he and nfpgasmask are happy with him, i thought i'd ask either of 'em -
    where's espo located and were the charges competitive?

i ask as i've taken the VX to the dealer for all maintainence, previously. wouldn't hurt to save a few bucks as long as i am confident i am not skimping on the quality of work done to my baby.

thanks, all.

-jose
    2001 kaiser silver #1002

Talking

Hey, here is Espo's info:

Espo's Auto Service
    (773) 745-0600
    2345 N Neva Ave
    Chicago, IL 60707

As Gill told me, talk to Sam (the owner) and tell him Gill & Bart sent you

Now, I brought my own ATF and Diff fluid to Sam when I had my maintenance done (about $70 worth of Mobile-1 synthetics), and he checked all fluid levels, changed out the brake fluid and power steering fluid, checked tires, brakes, front bearings, transfer case and tranny fluid levels, changed out the diff fluid and added the LSD additive in the rear. He did all this for $212. I thought this was very fair, considering how quickly he got it done and everything. He did a nice, clean and (from what I could tell) honest job.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by 2K1 1K2
    hello, all.

don't mean to hijack the thread, but...

due to low funds at the time, i did not do the 30k maintainance (oil changes, fluid checks etc. all done religiously, though) on the VX. i had it done at the initial requirement, though. i'm at 38K and have thought of biting the bullet and getting it done, now, before the winter sets in.

having read this post and finding that nocturnalvx had recommended a VX savvy (sp?) tech and finding that both he and nfpgasmask are happy with him, i thought i'd ask either of 'em -
    where's espo located and were the charges competitive?

i ask as i've taken the VX to the dealer for all maintainence, previously. wouldn't hurt to save a few bucks as long as i am confident i am not skimping on the quality of work done to my baby.

thanks, all.

-jose

Nfp, dont know what your travel schedule or route is, either way I am sure its not via the Ms Gulf Coast but it sounds like the perfect opportunity to meet fellow vxers along the path, also would be good to know a few faces along the way if any issues with the vx arise.
    "You can live your life in a thousand ways,
    but it all comes down to that single day,
    when you realize what you regret,
    but you cant relaim and you cant forget."
    ----Trans Siberian Orchestra

Thumbs up

gracias!

-jose