Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: vehicross emblem?

the area on the back door "becomes" larger and clumsy looking, and the half-moon camera mount (with no camera) becomes more of an oddity, when you pull the letters off. Shaving the half moon would help some. That spot always looks so naked, to my eye, with the ISUZU off... and I'm certainly not gonna stick someone elses name on there. I notice alot of people struggling with the "Vehicross" as if it were a Welsh word, most get it wrong...but then this is Florida. Seems to me this car is already somewhat unknown even with the badges but Isuzu in many minds equals Suzuki/Kia/that sort of thing.

Fixed! Sorry, I changed it in my profile but forgot my sig...

Thanks for letting me know.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    Bart,

Your VX Madness link is broken...FYI

That's cool. I didn't debadge because I have anything against Isuzu, I just love the all black uniform look. It just becomes so stealthy...

Bart

PS - Here! Here! for kicking Jeep in the nads. If I wasn't obcessed with keeping my VX all black, I would put a sticker on the back that says:

"You're right, I DON'T understand"

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX
    Well Bart, it seems I am one of those VXers that is proud to own (and show off) the coolest ISUZU 4x4. Hell, I've even still got the 2 Moab Zu' Zoo stickers on the VX! You can see theme in my pics. Yup, it's an ISUZU. Family to the Trooper, Rodeo, and Amigo... all great off-roaders, not just grocery getters. The only reason I am considering de-badging at all is due to the peeling problem. When, & if, I debadge my VehiCROSS I may wish I'd done it long ago, but for now it's a rolling tribute to ISUZU and a kick in the jewels to Jeep.
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 10/09/2006 at 07:16 AM Reason: addition

That's funny how you say people struggle with the word. When I went to the parts yard to pick up that windshield for Biju, the guy behind the counter yelled to a guy in the back, "You got that windshield for the VeRRyCross ready?" with a thick southern accent. It made me chuckle.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    the area on the back door "becomes" larger and clumsy looking, and the half-moon camera mount (with no camera) becomes more of an oddity, when you pull the letters off. Shaving the half moon would help some. That spot always looks so naked, to my eye, with the ISUZU off... and I'm certainly not gonna stick someone elses name on there. I notice alot of people struggling with the "Vehicross" as if it were a Welsh word, most get it wrong...but then this is Florida. Seems to me this car is already somewhat unknown even with the badges but Isuzu in many minds equals Suzuki/Kia/that sort of thing.

Wouldnt have been so bad if the emblem wasnt large enough to see by aircraft.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Another Choice

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Thumbs up DeBadge?

I didn't have much choice in taking off the rear "ISUZU" logo, as it was already removed when I bought my VX in January. Since I'm a huge Iowa Hawkeye fan, I put a nice "HAWKEYES" decal where the Isuzu was. I dressed it up with a couple of TigerHawk logos (just like the football team have on their helmets) on either side. It fits perfect, sorry I don't have any pictures to share, and most people around here compliment my loyalties.
    It is HAWKEYE country, someday more people will recognize us as one of the premiere college sports programs in the country, both men and women. Sorry about the rambling, I just got done putting my new WeatherTech window visors on and I'm kinda excited. Someday I will get ahold of a digital camera and put some pictures of my Kaiser on here. Your mods are all great, in my opinion.

Yeah, that might be the best solution I've seen. Maybe if the Vehicross were in some sort of script... I keep meaning to order one of the titanium VXs (VXes?) That is a brilliant solution, now if we could come up with one so elegantly simple for the back. Wayne

Get one of those Titanium VX badges while you can, they are A LOT nicer than you would think. It really looks nice next to the fangs also, matches perfectly...

Bart

Yeah, that might be the best solution I've seen. Maybe if the Vehicross were in some sort of script... I keep meaning to order one of the titanium VXs (VXes?) That is a brilliant solution, now if we could come up with one so elegantly simple for the back. Wayne