Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wrecked the VX... could be totalled :(

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    6 or 7 grand on this car is a double bump... it couldn't be too horrible. Just because an insurance company makes an offer does not mean that's it. Many will initally low ball you to see if you will take it or scream. We've thrown more than one company out of the shop for running that crap on us.They squeeze both ends at all times. State Farm is one of the better ones for a bunch of reasons, and it sounds like your situation is working out o.k. One thing... that shop is a ''preferred'' shop primarily because THEY prefer it. The shop agrees to redo anything they do wrong, welds and repair procedures meet their "minimum" standards, and most inportant of all... work is done according to their payscale. Many o.k. repairs are "spoiled" by things like crappy seamsealer work,wavy mudwork, and so-so paint. As long as it turns on,doesn't fall off, or peel... you pretty much get what you get. If at all feasible, PICK YOUR SHOP! You have that right. I don't mean to slam preferred shops, we're the preferred shop for virtually everyone here, I'm just saying the system is set up in a way that guarantees an "average" repair for most folks. But then , I am a body and paint snob with O.C.D. Love, Wayne
    Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Chopper, you and some others have given me some insight. I'm going over to the shop tomorrow to check it out and make sure they're replacing everything that needs to be replaced before they begin work on my VX. I want them to show me exactly what they plan to do before I give the final okay. I'm a trusting guy, and so far they've been very cool, but you can never be too sure, right?

Again, I love the responses you all have shared. It makes owning a Vehicross SO much better.

Rock On!
    Dave

wrecked vx

sorry to hear what happen to your vx. keep in touch . hope you get it fixed. but if not . i think all of us can use few parts. call me 323 654 3628 just in case anybody out there has an original air cleaner intake assembly . i bought mine with the high performance cone. i just want to have original assembly . let me know if anyone wants to sell theirs. thanks.

late poster to this one but glad things seem to have worked out well for you, I'm in your area (Mauldin) so it would be sad to lose a VX around here, of course it's sad to lose one anytime but it's a little worse in our little corner of the world

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    So were they able to actually FIND you new parts out of Japan? I am in a similar situation, truck has been in body shop for a month and they could not find a new door anywhere and said to search warehouses in Japan was unlikey to turn up anything and time consuming.....they ended up finding me a salvage door. Very minor damage to me so they are giving me all the parts off the salavage door since they are moving my window and regulator etc into replacement door. So I get the glass and regulator and trim piece off of salvage door. My damage was $5K and rental of a pathfinder ( they had to put me into an SUV) is $2K and mine should be ready end of next week if the painting goes well.......

Update us please on your vehicle
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

Ookay.

Well, if I were in a accident with my VX... I would rather be INJURED badly, yet can heal fully... THAN to have my VX totalled and taken away.

See, to me its not okay in any way shape or form, your ok physically, but your VX had been totalled/wrecked... that will make EVERYTHING NOT OKAY.
    In a way, your heart has just been shattered in oblivion, nothing is okay, nothing is fine, nothing is what it seems when it comes to your VX incident. Its a bond we all have in us as VX owners.

Get what I mean? hehe
    Last edited by O Hell No O : 12/31/2008 at 11:12 AM

Vx

In the last months of this year there were many VX's totalled/wrecked,most of them was totalled by insurance,there's ashley who had only body damage that's obvious were repairable,but what really play agains us is the facts that our VX's value is way to low compared to another vehicules out there.

Another fact that goes agains us about isuzu leabing the US market,that guys really hurts our VX value plus the lack of available body parts.
    Dakar was just the begining.

[Soapbox on]
    All this talk of totalling cars because of low resale value reminds me of the early 70's. Big-block muscle cars were a dime-a-dozen, and were being totalled right and left. A few of the rusting hulks survived in junk yards and are now being resurrected and sold for a small mint.

I wish I could have saved mine:

The heart and sould lives on in my current Cobra, but how many others could have been saved. Let's part-out only the truly unrepairable VX's and put the rest back on the road!
    [/Soapbox off]
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379