Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
6 or 7 grand on this car is a double bump... it couldn't be too horrible. Just because an insurance company makes an offer does not mean that's it. Many will initally low ball you to see if you will take it or scream. We've thrown more than one company out of the shop for running that crap on us.They squeeze both ends at all times. State Farm is one of the better ones for a bunch of reasons, and it sounds like your situation is working out o.k. One thing... that shop is a ''preferred'' shop primarily because THEY prefer it. The shop agrees to redo anything they do wrong, welds and repair procedures meet their "minimum" standards, and most inportant of all... work is done according to their payscale. Many o.k. repairs are "spoiled" by things like crappy seamsealer work,wavy mudwork, and so-so paint. As long as it turns on,doesn't fall off, or peel... you pretty much get what you get. If at all feasible, PICK YOUR SHOP! You have that right. I don't mean to slam preferred shops, we're the preferred shop for virtually everyone here, I'm just saying the system is set up in a way that guarantees an "average" repair for most folks. But then , I am a body and paint snob with O.C.D. Love, Wayne
Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Chopper, you and some others have given me some insight. I'm going over to the shop tomorrow to check it out and make sure they're replacing everything that needs to be replaced before they begin work on my VX. I want them to show me exactly what they plan to do before I give the final okay. I'm a trusting guy, and so far they've been very cool, but you can never be too sure, right?

Again, I love the responses you all have shared. It makes owning a Vehicross SO much better.

Rock On!
Dave