Thread: Question about Razo shifters?

Question Question about Razo shifters?

So i tryed to serch for old topics about how to install and where to buy razo shift handles but all links in there dead and i never got founf something that i need.
    So here is the question what model Razo shift handle would fit on VX and where i can buy it
    Thanks

which razo knob are you looking for? there are 3-4 that various VX owners have used
    i think the one that has no button (you depress the whole thing to disengage the shift lock) is the RA94

I have tried just about every Razo shifter, including the universal ones, that work with the VX, and was only happy with one. Small, aluminum and c/f press down shift type. The one to avoid is the joystick, flight stick looking one. Its was noisy and rattled like a SOB. Sorry I dont have any other info for ya.... simply dont have the time here at work to look up any models, heh.

EDIT:
    Foubd a pic, although bad lighting.... avoid the chrome one pictured left. Thats the flight stick one....

The one on the right is fine for simple standardshift types, like our FWD shifter. Perhaps someone else here has a pic of the press down shift knob....
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

etlsport yeah im looking that one . thats what i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RAZO-...spagenameZWDVW
    is that what i need to get?
    and how difficult to fit it or its no problem?

i dont know about the razo one, i got one similar to it from autotechnica (ordered thru summit racing) that presses down, ive had a couple of small problems with it

1. collar was too small to fit over shaft... so i bored it out
    2. had a round collar meeting up to square cover over shaft.... so i removed the square cover
    3. had a round hole coming out of the square cover's slot, looked awkard (and shaft was unfinished).. so i put a shift boot over the shifter

i think this one was specific to my VX/install

the shiftlock release wouldnt come up all the way sometimes, so i had to rig up a spring in there to pull the release out all the way

im in philly so if you did order and run into problems, i could probably meet up with u and help you out

check my gallery for photos

etlsport yeah i heard about that one but like you said you many troubles with it so im trying go with razo ra 94. I see youve done a lot of work to your VX so can i contact you if i will have troubles? cuz im going to install new speakers and i def would need some help with it. Thanks

sure, im always willing to help a fellow VXer out, im planning on doing lots of work this weekend on mine (tones popper kit wired with the alarm, dynamatting the cargo area/rear speaker mounts and possibly my fuel pressure regulator) youre welcome to come down and i can help you w/ your stuff too if you dont mind workin in the cold ill pm you my contact info

etlsport okay thats cool i dont might cold weather so its fine for me too lol
    waiting for your pm