Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PS3 anyone?

PS3 anyone?

do we ahve any hardcore ps3 fans?

Must get one... Wifey will kill me...

Talking

me! me!

even tho it will be damn near impossible to get one 'cuz i missed the pre order by an hour!!
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

I want one, but the price is A B S U R D ! ! !

What's even more rediculous:

CRAZY MFs ON EBAY

I just don't get it.

Bart

its acutally not tat bad i think teh majority of ebay ps3 r 800-900 dollars wiht like a few hours left.

rite now i have 2 friends in line at the sf metreon(i would go if i didnt have a stupid project to turn in), and i have another tat has been camping at bestbuy for almost a week now.

I'm sorry but a console system should never cost more than $300-$350. Maybe $400 but that is seriously pushing it.

I have been a PlayStation fan since PS 1, but I may be converting this year to the new Nintendo system. I don't care how advanced PS3 is, that price is absurd. I'd rather buy a new computer, or better yet, another mod for my VX!

My problem is that IMHO only about 2% of all console games are even worth playing, and only about 1% worth buying. I think you can get your money's worth much more with PC games. I mean how many times can you play and beat Final Fantasy or Grand Theft Auto?

For me, only racing and fighting games are really worth buying for console systems, because at least you can play against your friends, and there is no real "end" to the game.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by MZ-N10
    its acutally not tat bad i think teh majority of ebay ps3 r 800-900 dollars wiht like a few hours left.

rite now i have 2 friends in line at the sf metreon(i would go if i didnt have a stupid project to turn in), and i have another tat has been camping at bestbuy for almost a week now.

The bidding on some units on eBay is now surpassing $2k. Need I say insane.

The games are cool, but come onnnnnnn!

And to go with it the Panasonic 103" HD plasma. Worlds largest.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/01/09/p...-and-personal/

Only $70K

I just looked at the bidding on ebay, I won't say here what I really think, Scott would bar me for life and rightly so.

So what is the S.R.P. for this thing.

srp? suggested retail? i think for the upgraded (60gb system) the retail on it is 600

if u look at it there are 2000 dollar systems tat end in 5 minutes.....and there are 14000 dollar system tat end in about the same amount of time, looks kinda fishy to me....

i dont get why ppl will pay 1600 for it. there no really good games even for it yet and ppl r going crazy for it.

I want one. Figured I had a good plan of using my business membership at sam's club to get one at 7am before the regular members were allowed in. Then I found out they are only getting two (2) PS3's. And there are four (4) kids that have been lined up since yesterday.

Which seems to be a common trend, staying in line when there aren't enough. A local wal-mart is getting 10, there are about 20 people lined up... go figure.

Anyway, I'm just going to wait for the eBay scalper bubble to burst, which shouldn't take long, given the estimate that 70% are going to online auctions after tonight.

Or I'll see if I can get one from this list at midnight: http://www.buy-ps3-online.com/

Otherwise, I'm in for the March 2007 PS3 launch, who is with me.

I had my camera with me again...

This photo is from tonight...in front of Circuit City. Yes folks, they are camping out for first dibs on PS3 systems.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 11/16/2006 at 09:00 PM Reason: edit

The other thing is...

...its always best to wait at least 6 months for the manufaturer to work out any bugs and release better revisions of the hardware. My little brother bought his XBox360 like the second it came out and his had issues right away.

I have also heard the PS3 is already said to be having over-heating issues.

Bart

yea sony already released a patch for a software glitch that doesnt allow it to play certain games! and its only been out for 39 minutes