a couple of questions for you all.
i was cleaning my egr again, and this time, i noticed that after i cleaned it, i was able to move the cylinder up and down freely. i would lightly push the valve down, and it would pop back. i would fill the area up with cleaner, move it up and down, then dump the fluid. i hope im making sense.
i still havent cleaned the Tube, other than just spraying some cleaner down the tube befor i put the egr back in place. im still not real sure on the stuffing the large hole, starting, and sprayin.( NOTE: someone needs to do a write up on this procedure....with pictures)
so after my cleaning, i figured i would clean the throttle plate. i removed the airbox and intake tube all in one unit. i unplugged the MAS, and the three plugs around the throttle body itself, sprayed some cleaner in theere, (man, it was brown, and dirty) wiped it all out, then i started it, with all the plugs disconnected..........it idled high, but i carried on, and sprayed some more cleaner down the throttle body, killed it once, restarted, and sprayed alittle more, and considered my job done. reconnected everything, and had the check engngine light, obviously, cleared them, and now im back getting good gas milage.
but now ive got a bit of a rough idle, after its warmed up, and its not all the time. but there was a point a couple of times today sitting at a stop, that i shiftied into neutral, to rev it up a bit. i was afraid it was going to die. seems to run REALLY well going down the road, pleanty of pick up.
Question #2 do you think i burned anything up when i started it up, with the plugs disconeccted? throttle position, mas, etc
i would really like to get this idle thing taken care of. i try totake the best of care of my truck.
sorry to ramble, just want to give best description i can of what ive done. changed oil last week, and pcv.
Thanks in advance for your help, what a great community of friends, and info we have here.
God bless you all
David