Thread: Back in the hunt for a VX!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Back in the hunt for a VX!

Hello again list!

I'm officially back in the hunt for a VX to replace my 01 Ironman. Any color will do....I'm just trying to find that balance between condition and price. If anyone knows of a VX in the midwest that may not be listed on the usual websites for sale please let me know! I looked at the only VX for sale here in the Denver area and first impressions were not good. I know there is a problem with the rims on the 2000 and 2001 VX's. The outside of the rims looked good but the insides were peeling very badly. I was able to remove a section of bad chrome that was 6" by 8" !, Hood insert was cracked and the radio was hanging by the harness in the dash. I think someone reinstalled the original and lost the mounting screws. Also the tires were bald and it clearly needed a front end alignment. All this for the premium price of $15,300 dollars! I had a long talk with the manager of this Ford dealer and said if he wanted to sell it to me for $10,000 give me a call, otherwise I suggested he at least do a front end alignment and put some new tires on it... I have not ruled this one out, but I would have to drop a load on it to get it back to a respectable condition. Again any help in my hunt would be apprieciated...

John
    Last edited by Vfrider1 : 11/26/2006 at 11:58 AM
    John Walker
    Colorado